Sunday, May 15, 2011

Fried Pork Mouth anyone?

Traveled to Zhengzhou today, we got up at 4am and to get ready and get on the bus for the airport. Our flight was very smooth and quick and most important on time! After Chicago and the 9 hour delay we were a little worried.

We met our guide Emma for this leg and she got us checked into the Holiday Inn and then took us to McDonald's to eat lunch.It was one of most interesting dinning experiences of my life that had nothing to do with the food. I'll save that story for later. It tasted almost the same as home but after some of the food we have eaten in the past few days it tasted really good! I did not think that the food differences would be as difficult as they are. We have been really leery...let me give you a sample of the menu next to me:
R
Fried Young Pigeon with Lettuce Fried Preserved Meat with Dried Soy Bean Steamed Fish Head with Chopped Pepper Wok-Fried EEL Braised Duck Blood Curd with Chili Fried Pork Mouth with Hai Chili Toasted Bitter Gourd with Ginger Sauce

So now you know why were were thrilled to get McDonalds!! Don't worry to all my kiddo's at school. I will not be asking for these recipes :)

So tomorrow is the BIG day!!!!!!!!!!! It's Gotcha Day and we are so excited. We are the only ones at this province so it will be quick. I'm going to try really hard not to burst into tears when I see her because I don't want to scare her but we'll see if I can control it!




2 comments:

  1. Tristan thought the Mcdonalds pictures were cool! I cant wait for the gotcha day pics!!! Im pretty sure I would be starving with a menu like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm Yuck! The McDonald's menu is cool I agree with Tristan! Can't wait to show the kiddos the blog tomorrow:o) I will post any comments I get from them. I am so excited for you! Can't believe it is almost Gotha Day! Looking forward to the pictures of you and Blair together... Finally!!!

    ReplyDelete